In 1992, I returned to finish my fine arts degree at UMass in Amherst. I now maintain a studio at the Lichtenstein Center for the Arts located in Pittsfield, MA.
I have been an active member of the Berkshire Art Association for 30 years and co-chaired the Lenox Cultural Council for several years.
I substitute taught at Lenox Memorial High School and conducted workshops at Hancock Shaker Village and Devonshire Estates.
My earlier work consisted of large charcoal figurative drawings. Some of the images represented a collection of memories and experiences very dear to my heart. Drawing these images could be exciting at times but also physically draining.
Landscapes are now my primary motif. Living in the Berkshires provides me with constant stimulation. The contrast of changing seasons, different light, colors and atmosphere create an endless visual experience for any painter.
I try to paint every day. I spend time outdoors, weather permitting, to draw and observe but most of my work is done in my studio. I use a collection of photographs as visual reference.
A painting is more about what you feel in the process of working so I find it important to take just enough information from a photo but leave some distance to transform my own sense of reality.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Bachelor of Fine Arts – 1994
- Major: Studio – Painting
- Minor: Art History
- 2016 - Whitney Ctr. for the Arts, “Scapes” – Group Show, Pittsfield, MA
- 2016 - Group Show, Lichtenstein Ctr., Out of Studio, Pittsfield, MA
- 2015 - Welles Gallery, Lenox Library 200th Anniversary, Lenox, MA
- 2015 - Out of Studio Group Show, Lichtenstein, Pittsfield, MA
- 2012 – City Hall, Pittsfield, Group Show, 12/2012
- 2012 – “In House Exhibit, Lichtenstein Gallery, Group Show, 12/2012
- 2012 – Invitational – Lichtenstein Gallery, 7/2012
- 2012 – First Friday Art Walk 5/4/2012 – Pittsfield, MA
- 2010 – Think Pink – Colonial Theatre – Pittsfield, MA
- 2009 – Lichtenstein Group Show – Pittsfield, MA
- 2008 – Storefront Artist – Open Studio – Pittsfield, MA.
- 2007 – “Forty Shades of Green” – Lichtenstein Gallery – Pittsfield, MA.
- 2005 – December Group Show – Lichtenstein Gallery – Pittsfield, MA
- 2005 – Art Show Street Galleries – Pittsfield, MA
- 2004 – Sheeptacular – Pittsfield, MA
- 2003 – Berkshire Artisan – Dec. Tenant Show
- 2003 – Northeast Juried Show – Springfield, MA.
- 2003 – Unifem (Women’s) Juried Art Show, Gt. Barrington, MA
- 2002 – Berkshire Artisan Show, Group Show
- 2001 – Berkshire Artisan – Tenant Show
- 2000 – Springfield Art League, Juried Show, Springfield, MA
- 2000 – Artworks, Hartford, Ct.- Juried Show
- 1998 – Artisan Gallery – Pittsfield, MA – Group Show
- 1997 – Spencertown Academy Gallery, Spencertown, New York,
- Welles Gallery, Lenox, MA – Group Show
- 1994 – Celebrate Berkshire Women Artists, Pittsfield, MA,
- 1992 – Berkshire Print Exhibition – “Barns of the Berkshires”
Arrowhead, Pittsfield, MA.
- 2016 - Cover Contest Winner, Lenox Living Magazine
- 2000 – Artworks Gallery – Drawing and Print Show – Finalist
- 1992 – Print Exhibition – “Barns of the Berkshires” – Finalist
- 1998 – Berkshire Eagle “Artisan Tenant Show” – Daniel Grant
- 2003 – Berkshire Eagle – Studio Art Group Show
- 2010 – Berkshire Eagle – Summer Art Show
- 2015 - Berkshire Week – Shires of Vermont – Lichtenstein artists on show
- 2015 - One Building – Many Stories, County Courthouse to Lenox Library
- 2016 - Artist Spotlight, February Issue, Lenox Living Magazine
I can be contacted via email at
dotchrp @ aol.com
or visit me in my studio at the
Lichtensten Center for the Arts
28 Renne Ave Pittsfield, MA.